- Ensure that the facilities are safe at all times, and that the muscle and cardio-vascular training equipment are maintained and properly used.
- Greet clients and respond to requests for information.
- Actively supervise the training area, and if necessary correct the way clients perform their exercises.
- Check clients' membership cards.
- Update client files by having them fill out the PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) at the trainer's request.
- Ensure that the area is kept clean.
- Promote the services provided by the physical fitness centre.
- Advise clients as required on nutrition, hydration and healthy living as part of their training.
- Be prepared to offer general training to clients.
- Other related duties, at the supervisor's request.
- Studies or graduation in physical or health education, or in kinesiology / physical fitness and promotion of health / physical fitness or any other training in this field are an asset.
- Have a minimum of experience related to the duties.
- Be comfortable in a computerized work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent client service skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Show autonomy.
- Valid CPR and AED certificates are an asset.
- The ability to communicate in English is an asset.
- Successful completion of qualifying tests, if appropriate.
- A security check is mandatory.
850 boulevard de la Gappe, Gatineau sector.
The training room supervisor must be available at all times based on a flexible schedule, days, nights and weekends.
View casual employment opportunities